View Single Post
Old 03-10-2013, 02:52 PM   #251
JMo (& piglet) OP
Dakar Dazed

Oddometer: 3,159
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadly99 View Post
Two stages and no results yet?
I know... it really is frustrating. I am hoping they will post up a printed version once they are collated later this evening, and that it will be available tomorrow morning in the lobby - I will try and find out the results for our ADV rider inmates at least...

That said, because of the tragic news today - not only are Wesley's friends and fellow competitors devastated, but the Organisation too is visibly shocked and subdued.

There was a minute's silence at the briefing this evening, followed by the considered decision to run the stage tomorrow without it being timed - more a time for contemplation perhaps, and a fitting tribute - since Wesley was never one to miss a stage if he could possibly help it.

There is of course also an alternative for competitors who wish to simply follow the assistance route to the next bivouac. I have to say, I don't think anyone feels much like actually 'racing' tomorrow.

There is a lovely photo over on the rallymaniacs.nl facebook page (copied below, thank you Marcel) of Wesley doing what he loved most earlier today.

Jx
JMo (& piglet) is offline   Reply With Quote