View Single Post
Old 03-10-2013, 11:10 PM   #163
UpST8 OP
turnin gas to noise

Oddometer: 7,016
Yesterday went up 33 in hopes of making a dirt loop with Sierra Madre ridge road

Don't think I will ever tire of this road

Up and over the first summit, dropped 20 degrees in 4k feet of elevation gain

Slowed down through the bends with my eyes wide for ice...the temp guage began to blink after it reached 37

Came around a sharp turn to see a line of cars...there had been an accident

Never a good sign to see a chopper on scene

I did chat up the boyscouts and scout leaders while we waited to be let through the scene...one car accident...one person left in Ambulance..the other concious, but hurt; left in the Helo

The scouts were off for their first camping trip...it was going to be one chilly one for em..

After being let through the scene the roads certainley didn't improve, kept thinking about the accident and the flag man's words of "People don't respect this mountain. I have scene so many one vehicle accidents here"

As I climbed to go over the last of the summits I was in the clouds, temps dropped down into the high 20s,a mist / light rain, my hands were frozen, windscreen was covered with ice and I was getting nervous. Turned around at one point only to turn around again and drive on with hopes it would be better in the valley.

It was, but I was done...my hands hurt so bad I swore my thumbs would be black with frost bite when I took my gloves off...this is with grip heaters too...dang I need to get some hand guards with good wind protection...MSR E-Ears

Stopped for some coffee, warmed up and made it a paved loop around 166 to Foxen Canyon to home...not many pics, but I did get this one at 75mph

cRAzY

UpST8 screwed with this post 03-10-2013 at 11:32 PM
UpST8 is offline   Reply With Quote