View Single Post
Old 03-11-2013, 09:16 AM   #12
MotoMike
Washed Up Desert Racer

Oddometer: 4,918
Quote:
Originally Posted by eatpasta View Post
As far as I can understand, it's like Erzberg. They have a Hare Scramble and you have to place in the top 50% or something or you go home right away. Then there are 3 rounds of the actual tough course, each round harder than the last.
Mike raced it last year and he decided to hang it up after the second round I think.....it looks pretty nasty....
I raced it 2 years ago, the inaugural event. In that event the 1st qualifier was a Grand Prix format, on the GP track, race for 45 minutes and finish in the top 50% of everyone, not just your class. Then you had to finish the first round within 1 hour of the leader to continue on to the final round. I made it with about 5 minutes to spare, but found I was the only one in my class and I was really, really tired, so opted to not ride the last round. Had I done it and finished, I would have received 125% points. As it was I still got a 1st and 100% points.

I know they changed the format some last year, and I imagine they will do something different still this year. Best thing you can do is watch the D37 website for info or contact the Prairie Dogs and get the scoop from them.