View Single Post
Old 03-11-2013, 12:21 PM   #198
AK Smitty OP
Self life coach

Oddometer: 317
Off to America

I show up at the cargo side of the airport about 9 am and get the police inspection done. Pretty uneventful and I can expect to see my bike in Miami on Wed, Thursday at the latest.

Everything goes as planned with my flight to Miami. I just stay in an airport hotel that night because I was told there is a chance my bike could be there in just a day.

In the Bogota airport I am a little bummed b/c my trip is ending but I am ready to be back in the states. Mainly b/c that has been my goal for over a week and now i am just focused on making it happen.

I check on my bike Wed am and it did not make the plane so hope to see it thursday. I decide to move hotels to the Miami beach area. If I am here I should at least check out what this place is all about!

Around Miami/South Beach

My Hostel which when you get a private room is a nice hotel room. And not cheap at all! But nothing here is!

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

A guy selling his street art.

I found this place and had to avoid it or I would have eaten until heart failure!

Amazing everything especially the fudge!!

More SoBe

Bentley. Pretty common sight around here.

A dirty BWM with a bunch of gear strapped to it sure would look good around here. I hope tomorrow! I had also arranged to get squeezed into the BMW shop tomorrow or Fri. since I was pretty concerned about my second gear not working correctly.

This guy was wandering around the beach in a full suit. I could never figure out if he was wasted or not. At the very least he had a rough night b/c he looked like he was hurting!

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

He was entertainment for the entire beach for a while.

Saw this little boat out for a day cruise.

Lots to see in Miami! Lots of fake and real money trying to compete to show it off the best. At first I did not care for the place at all. There are a lot of good people here that embrace a healthy lifestyle and a nice clean city. By the time I left Miami I had come around on the place.

I am here: https://spotwalla.com/tripViewer.php...f53b74b2cb510d
AK Smitty is offline   Reply With Quote