Thread: Need advice
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2013, 03:06 PM   #10
Jeepguy2 OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 19
Just for an update the xt was sold, went to another dealer & that xt was sold as well. Went to check out some different bikes the other day & now leaning toward the Dr 650. I thought it would be too tall but I could get the balls of my feet on the ground plus their is a lower factory setting that will drop it another 1.5 inches. Should put me right where I need to be. The only mods I plan on doing right off the bat is a better seat because the factory feels like plywood & the other is a rear rack. My 2 friends think as I progres in my off road skills their will be plenty of bike left. While they think I would get bored with a 250 & looking for a more powerful bike in a year. Both these guys have ridden on & off road for years & know me well. The other thing is I can get a new 2012 Dr650 for $4,800 a few hundred more then the xt 250 or the crf250l. Does this sound like a good idea or a bad idea? From what I have learned about the Dr 650 from this sight, it sounds like a great bike & bulletproof.
Jeepguy2 is offline   Reply With Quote