View Single Post
Old 03-11-2013, 06:25 PM   #34
vector_dumb OP
Happier Here

Oddometer: 153
Hi all - I've done a ton of research based on the recommendations on the thread and I think I am going to go with the Lost Ranger 15 from Big Agnes. I have one question out to Gregg at FTC before I buy (just looking to confirm the baffle design). If everything sounds in order I'll order the bag and an insulated air core sleeping pad.

It's funny, I initially discounted BA because of the need for a sleeping pad. I thought it was more of a marketing ploy to sell more of their brand (and maybe it is). On the other hand I did ask about what works as a sleep system, and the folks at BA clearly designed the components to work together. At the moment I never plan to be camping with the bag in temps lower that 32F, and the bag should cut it at those temps with long johns. If I get more into cold weather camping I can pick up an outer bag.

Thanks for all the help and posts. I never would have really considered BA without the suggestions!

WTB: XR650l parts: Tool bag, rear chain guard. Condition used but decent, price fair.
vector_dumb is offline   Reply With Quote