View Single Post
Old 03-11-2013, 08:50 PM   #1833
too old
Keen supporter

Oddometer: 2,554
Quote:
Originally Posted by doyle View Post
So a little digging leads me to clarify some things.

Riders are contracted to Speedbrain through Dakar 2014, I suspect Speedbrain has enough engines on hand for this season and the next Dakar, but essentially what they become is the perfect setup for a manufacturer that wants to get involved with a turn key program. Rebrand the bikes and they are good to go, nearly.

Another tidbit I hear is that KTM has resigned Ruben Faria. This may be another shot over the bow of Cyril Despres. It's a smart move for Faria being that unless Despres could assure him a rol wherever he goes, quite frankly, Faria may have a hard time courting a comparable ride to KTM with someone else. At least on his own. This leaves Despres with the prospect of starting completely fresh with a new team or softening his approach to resigning with KTM. With Chaleco and Coma affirmed and Caselli a strong possibility for the future (if KTM is smart), I hate to ask, but is there any room left for Despres? I'm sure KTM would find the room, but Despres may be finding his musical chairs slowly disappearing.

So, as clear as mud then

Who knows what new Husky are up to. riders looking for rides and , or are they?

For all the speculation Caselli has his contract with KTM in the States, so probably isn't interested in any event (well not for a living)?

Existing contracts to be continued/honoured or not; you would generally expect them to be optioned for renewal annually?

Faria being talked of as if he is nothing without CDP, but without CDP he would be Dakar winner 2013?

So we question the future, but what about the present and when will the music stop?
too old is offline   Reply With Quote