View Single Post
Old 03-11-2013, 09:30 PM   #1835
DruncleWill
CRASH TESTED

Oddometer: 269
Quote:
Originally Posted by too old View Post

For all the speculation Caselli has his contract with KTM in the States, so probably isn't interested in any event (well not for a living)?
You pose an interesting question (to me) here T.O. Just what is "for a living" to a top international rally racer? I would imagine that a top name like CDP is in the 2 or 3 million U.S. dollar range (although I could be way the hell off one direction or the other ). But what do the other top guys pull down? I'm always amazed by guys like Kurt and the other top off-road racers here in Southern California that the income of a successful racer is about the same as a gainfully employed weekend rider like myself. I could be completely wrong about the income of the top racers here in the States, but they all seem to live in homes and drive trucks similar to my own. This could be a cultural anomaly here in the US where the market for sports stars is somewhat diluted (thankfully not by soccer or snooker) but just how well do the top racers in other countries do?
DruncleWill is offline   Reply With Quote