It's the first time I am looking at a GS with cast wheels.
IMHO the last version of cast, sucked. I always thought of GS having spoke wheels.
But having spoke wheel bikes for the last 11 years, I can say that indeed spokes are a pain in the a**. Since my enduro is like 1% of the bike's life nowadays (something I am ashamed off, but Real Life makes its own rules without asking me), I think I would go with cast wheels this time because:
- Of the small percentage of personal enduro as mentioned above.
- Of them being lighter.
- Of them being a more proper color (graphite ain't they?) unlike the spokes that do NOT come in black yet.
- Of them being more stable. Spoke wheels are inherently off balance to a greater extend.
- It comes cheaper! (BMW since they are factory option should NOT charge for them, but they do)
- The new design is actually very nice and the thin brackets "simulate" spoke wheel look to a point.
When the going gets tough, the tough get going...