View Single Post
Old 03-12-2013, 08:56 AM   #133
Cpt. Ron
Advrider #128

Oddometer: 3,191
Quote:
Originally Posted by klrukiddingme? View Post
Anyone have any additional info on the Sand Creek Rd. access gate? I was planning on using that road as a cut-off (west-east) for a ride I'm doing this week. I've only been through once and the gate was closed but not locked.

Thanks
Sand Creek Road, aka County Road 41. Info from Yolo County's website indicates winter closure. When that changes, especially considering our dry winter? Best to call Public Works and ask. The gate on the Highway 16 side allows access to local landowners (some of whom wanted the road abandoned by the county a couple of years ago). The gate at the Colusa County line (eastern end at the top of the ridge) is quite secure with no easy workaround.

From here: http://www.yolocounty.org/Index.aspx?page=831

Seasonally Closed Roads
* CR. 40 is closed to vehicular traffic at State Route 16 in Yolo County. Pedestrian or equestrian access ONLY.
* CR. 53 is closed to vehicular traffic from the gate, approximately 0.63 mile west of CR. 49, to the west end. Pedestrian access ONLY.

The following roads are open during the summer, closed during the winter and are NOT maintained by the County:

1. CR. 81, FROM GATE APPROXIMATELY 0.82 MILE WEST OF STATE ROUTE 16 TO WEST END
(GATE OPERATION PERMITTED TO PRIVATE LANDOWNER)

2. CR. 41 FROM GATE AT START OF GRAVEL TO COLUSA COUNTY

3. CR. 17 FROM EAST GATE, WEST OF CR. 95A TO WEST GATE, EAST OF CR. 90A
(GATE OPERATED BY COUNTY)

4. CR. 40 NEAR LAKE COUNTY LINE TO STATE ROUTE 16 IN YOLO COUNTY

"I don't know what you do, but I know what I do, and I don't do that." --Uncle Doug, R.I.P.
"Without the possibility of death, adventure is not possible"--Reinhold Messner
Cpt. Ron is online now   Reply With Quote