View Single Post
Old 03-12-2013, 06:05 PM   #665
Strong Bad OP
n00balicious

Oddometer: 3,688
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idahombre View Post
Wow.
Just for the record, I'm riding my 09' 450X in the Mexican 1000. Not because I care to win or lose. But only because I figure it's a good time to do a rip down the peninsula on a route that will have some traffic coming up behind me to relay a message or help, in case I do something dumb. So there. Ha! It's not my first rodeo in Baja or 1000+ mile dirt bike ride.
Anyone else have this attitude towards the Mexican 1000?
I support your position 100%. I think that NORRA is the best place for the "Dust to Gloryites" and "Bucket Listers" to experience Baja at speed. The same fr others with experience and just want like you've said, a bit of comfort in knowing you aren't going to be out in east bajesus all by yourself. I know Cam Theriot will be driving his 4 seat buggy with multiple Baja winner Larry Ragland ALONG WITH THEIR WIFES simply because the want the girls share in the FUN.

This race is the most fun you will ever have in Baja. Trying to turn it into some full blown rally, not allowing GPS, or start stacking on a bunch of other rules just takes away from the spirit of the event.