View Single Post
Old 03-13-2013, 12:22 AM   #56
supershaft
because I can

Oddometer: 8,275
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wirespokes View Post
Yes, please elaborate on the misalignment - /2s needed to be aligned, but after 1970 (73?) the transmissions have alignment ribs that 'lock' the transmission to the block.

Hey, shaft - have you requested the info from Hucky or Motobins, or are we supposed to do that for you? I don't have the data to hand and don't have the time to search for you. Since you're so hot on debunking the 'rumor' the brass ones aren't available for the newer bikes, why don't YOU do the legwork?

Also, weren't the neutral switches changed in 75 or 76? If one is stated to be good for 77, then that's quite possibly the right one.

I do have a brass one here, and if I remember to check on it, I'll post the data where it came from (motobins, as I recall) and the part number, and whether it is normally on or off.
The ribs and the bolt/stud threads in the case for the tranny can be machined wrong. I suspect as much with the transmission's ribs. They are machined. I suspect that the mating flats can be off too.

Requested the info? I have looked at their websites. You certainly do not have to do that for me. What other leg work is there?

Why are you always telling me what I am hot to do? Where do you get off??? And once again, you are wrong about me being hot to debunk the rumor, as usual. You would think you could get a clue and give up second guessing my personal motivations for discussions here since, so far, you have always been wrong either in part or full. It's as if my personal motivations matter to start with. AS I SAID EARLIER, I hope the brass switches are available for the later model bikes. I just can't find a PN AFTER looking. Last I checked, both Hucky's and Motobins had one brass switch. We need two if we are going to use them on all of our airheads.

supershaft screwed with this post 03-13-2013 at 12:27 AM
supershaft is offline   Reply With Quote