View Single Post
Old 03-13-2013, 01:33 AM   #58
supershaft
because I can

Oddometer: 8,780
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plaka View Post
The tranny input shaft has to be aligned to the clutch plate. if you didn't take the clutch plate out, It's a non-issue. if you rotate the trans input shaft the splines might not line up with the grooves in the clutch disk. So you rotate the shaft a bit more. Big deal. Put the tranny in 1st gear when you work on it and that becomes a non-issue as well.

I don't pull the tranny to do the splines, too much work. I do use some cheap toothbrushes to clean things. You can use a dental gum brush (the conical ones at right angles to the handles) if you want to clean inside the clutch disk. Avoid solvents around the clutch disk. I use a little on the tooth brush for the tranny splines. Then I use a fresh toothbrush (get 'em cheap at the dollar store) to apply the lube.

Just cooked myself up a pot of custom lube, mostly Honda Moly60 with powdered grahite added. Pretty stiff. Will see how it works.
Are you sure that is all you have cooked up? I am talking about engine/transmissions coming misaligned from the factory. I have diagnosed it before and had it warrantied.
supershaft is offline   Reply With Quote