I got a little bit of quality time with the bike last night. I tried to get some pics - but nothing really turned out. But, I got the water pump back together. Got the new jets installed and the carb back together. And, I got all the dash lights in and the front end back together. So, I'm making forward progress and actually putting stuff back together.
Here's the list. Plain black is yet to be addressed. Green is repairs in progress. Yellow is done.
Valves - need to check lash.
Front shocks leak
Plastics plain white
Spark plug New one will go in after checking valve lash.
Turnsignals Needs a new flasher relay
Sprocket Shaft Seal Leaks - needs a new seal. Should be here tomorrow
Instrument lights bulbs replaced
Just a loose connection.
Tail light doesnt work
Handlebar wiring was redone - poorly
Parking light doesnt work
Parking light deosn't exist. Need to buy a replacement.
Rear shock shot
Carbs jetted too fat
New jets ordered. 195-170MJ; 52-45 idle jet.
Seat I hate the white seat
Painted with vinyl interior paint. Not lasting very well.
Luggage rack built. Top box acquired - but I need to mount it.
Handlebars too low
Rotated back too far. Moved them forward and I think It'll work
Steering - spooky at highway speeds.
Steering stem had too much slack. Tightened her up.
gravityisnotmyfriend screwed with this post 03-13-2013 at 05:52 AM