View Single Post
Old 03-13-2013, 10:35 AM   #1684
Jammin OP
Living on a DR

Oddometer: 1,525
Quote:
Originally Posted by DestinationUnknown View Post
Thanks for the RR. I started a couple of weeks ago and now have reached this page. It was like reading a book due to all the details you provided. Thanks again! Good luck in your future travels.
Glad you enjoyed the story. Working on putting it into a book.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoninMoto View Post
Glad you made it "Home" safely!
That curry looks amazing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider14 View Post
Congratulations on completing your trip. Good luck with the rest of your journeys and I think it's safe to say we are all looking forward to the remainder of your ride report.
- Dan (in Chicago)
Thanks, Dan. I'm working on the Mozambique photostories, but way too much happening right now. Slowly, but surely
Quote:
Originally Posted by doug s. View Post
awesome! as soon as i saw that pic, i thought of the bombay bistro, a quite decent indian restaurant in rockville, md that serves thali's - both meat and wegetarian. it's not all you can eat, but you will have a hard time finishing one of their platters. if you ever happen to be in the dc area, it's my treat!
doug s.
Mmm, sounds like a plan
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtwpaul View Post
great to see you home safe and sound...

Quote:
Originally Posted by anja und holger View Post
So you've finished
Hope you have a good time and enjoy your home country.
Cheers from Germany
Holger
Hi Holger and Anja, yes, I've reached India but the ride isn't over yet. It ends when I reach Delhi, probably in June...
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdedse View Post
My goodness, I was lucky enough to catch the beginning of your trip over three years ago...and now it has largely played itself out...except that it hasn't of course because I suspect that this trip will have a significant influence on you that you will appreciate over time. Well very Jammin done!
Thank you, Sir yup, this trip has definitely changed me... I dont think I can work for anyone else now I'll get to Delhi and then see what happens...
Quote:
Originally Posted by eakins View Post
Having worked as a waiter for awhile in an Indian restaurant in Delaware i must say The head chef was a Punjabi named Mr Singh, so of course he used meat too (Northern Indian vrs Southern vegetarian). Those were a summer of amazing meals.
Sounds like a tasty gig Thalis here are such an economical meal. In a regular restaurant, a thali can be had for around $1.50 and you're stuffed

Trip Website: JamminGlobal.com
Current Ride Report: Global South | Past Trips: CDR '09, Alaska '08, Mexico '07 | YouTube Videos
Jammin is offline   Reply With Quote