View Single Post
Old 03-13-2013, 11:15 AM   #199
Off Road Ryder OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,999
Dimmers

I have been getting lots of PM's and calls about the dimmer setup.
Hopefully I can clear some common Q's up here.

1.We can offer a single pole (on/off)handle bar mounted switch, dimming via your high beam switch. If you want this, please let me know with a pm, call or email when placing your order.

2. You can run no switch at all,That would require that the Aux lights are always on with the headlight, dimming here would be threw the factory switch.

3. The full dimable harness comes with a multi function switch. This switch controls on/off and high/low operation. With this switch you can also do one of the above options.

I like my Aux lights to be completely independent of factory headlights, since the Long Range is far more powerful than your headlight, I usuallly ride with my headlight on low and use the LEDs dimming function for high/low operation.
In this case All LED functions are controlled by the Handle bar mounted switch, No key fob shenanigans, or trying to figure out how to mount a box on your bike.
This switch also has the capacity to power other equipment on your bike, It has a momentary switch and another port that is off on low beam and on during high beam operation, You can run another set of lights, push to pass, kill buttons, horns,grip heaters etc. If you don't want those functions simply don't use them.
Here is a photo of the switch mounted on the mule.
www.cyclopsadventuresports.com
1-800-624-0278

Off Road Ryder screwed with this post 03-13-2013 at 07:26 PM
Off Road Ryder is offline   Reply With Quote