View Single Post
Old 03-13-2013, 01:34 PM   #438
craydds
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,130
Quote:
Originally Posted by tete View Post
Ok so I'm still having issues with the speedo showing speed. I grounded the white wire coming from the speed sensor do I ground the side going to the acewell as well? should both sides of the spliced wire be grounded ( meaning both the acewell side and the speed sensor side)?

Also When you say "signal divider" do you mean SPC-1.0 ? I have mine set to SPC-0.5
Tete, I did not get a chance to look at my bike or schematics, but I think you can try to connect the white wire from the sensor to the blue(?) wire to the Ace - not sure about you Ace model - and test. Then connect them both to ground and test.
The signal divider (P-001 on my Ace) should be set to 1 (one), i.e. 1 turn of the speed sensor per 1480* mm of tire circumference (*my number for circumference per 1 rotation of the speed sensor). Your tire number may be different, based on final drive ratios, tire brands/size, etc. Sounds like your your Ace instructions (settings menu) uses "SPC" instead of "P". Tell me you Ace model again and I will download the instructions - maybe I can be more helpful.
ABC #12947
'75 R90S
craydds is offline   Reply With Quote