View Single Post
Old 03-13-2013, 07:28 PM   #1902
juames
Have Fun, Don't Die!

Oddometer: 2,377
From Redbull website. Mention Honda.

After twelve years and five Dakar Rally triumphs, Cyril Despres and KTM part ways.
One of the most successful partnerships in the history of the Dakar Rally has come to an end with Cyril Despres announcing his departure from KTM. After enjoying so much success with the Austrian manufacturer it was tough choice to make.

“I have spent a large part of my career to date with KTM, so as you can imagine it wasn’t a decision that was taken lightly. They were great years, very fruitful, both professionally and personally, and I owe much to everyone at KTM.

Cyril’s latest success with KTM came just two months ago when he arrived in Santiago de Chile as the winner of the 2013 Dakar Rally. During an eventful race Cyril was always quick to acknowledge the great support he received from his team.

“Now I’m saying a very fond farewell to my factory mechanic throughout all that time, Roland Bruckner, and my support rider during the last four Dakars, Ruben Faria, who I wish all the best for the future.”

It’s widely expected that Cyril will be back at the 2014 Dakar Rally riding with Honda’s Factory Racing Team. Meanwhile, KTM have confirmed that Kurt Caselli and Chaleco Lopez will join three-time Dakar winner Marc Coma and Ruben Faria to become part of their Red Bull Factory Racing Team.

http://www.redbull.com/en/motorsport...r-5-dakar-wins