View Single Post
Old 03-14-2013, 05:46 PM   #19
Jim K.
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 960
Catalunya.

I'm guessing that if you are coming from Deutchland in March, the high Pyranees will be still snowed in, no? If you are coming down by Perpignon, you will be passing through some very nice areas in the Girona province. I've spent some time there & I can recommend a few. I'm sure you have been told many times about the N-260. It begins up in the Girona area, but is not so interesting there. It gets better as it rolls west . The roads in the Cap Creus Nat'l Parc are fantastic, & well worth a few hours of exploration, especially since it will not be too far off your route. The village of Cadaques, on the cape is quite pretty & has the home of Dali (His museum is nearby in Figueres). If you are lokking for a place to stop in this area I can HIGHLY recommend the hotel Niu del Sol in a tiny town called Palau-Saverdera, just south of the Cap Creus Parc. The owner, Sra. Merced will treat you like family. (actually better than my family treats me!) Of course you will pass near Barcelona, but you must stay away! If you stop here for only a day you will be there a month! There is too much to see & do & enjoy there! If you do fall to temptation & stop in Barca there is a fine motorcycle museum in the tangle of small alleys in the old city,near the cathedral.I found it once, but I could never find it again, so just wander there until you run across it. There is maybe 100-150 bikes from the great days of spanish motorcycle building. One word of advice.....you will be visiting CATALUNYA in this area, not Espania. Learning a few words of Catalan will earn you some goodwill! Unfortunately I can only say Merry Christmas! (Bon Nadal)
Jim K. is offline   Reply With Quote