View Single Post
Old 03-14-2013, 08:57 PM   #7121
crobox
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 264
Oh, and also....

Not long after starting to ride my XL600 around, I had the distinct feeling that
A) I want to get better at riding off-road; more confident, more skillful
B) I don't really want to do it on the XL, because it's a bit heavy and also it's so damn beautiful (which is to say that I want to ride something for a while that I don't mind dropping.)

So I started talking to various friends about it (turns out I have a lot of friends around here who ride dirt bikes), and one guy said "Hey, my wife has an NX250 she doesn't want."

I bought it for $250, did a bunch of basic work on it, realized it has a problem with one of it's valves, decided to ignore that problem, got it started, stripped a bunch of plastic parts off it, mounted my old XL600 front fender, and started riding it. And it's fun! Here it is:

I've been posting more technical questions and stuff over in the NX250 thread. I know it's a bit off-topic so I'll leave it at that.

But I gotta say it.... electric start is nice!

-Christian
www.christianristow.com
crobox is offline   Reply With Quote