View Single Post
Old 03-14-2013, 09:19 PM   #42
Wind_Rider OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 305
Planned Farkles

Oh, the farkles that can be done these days!

I have already added the Zero Summer windscreen which is nice for those cold mornings. It can be easily removed for trail rides with 2 thumb screws.

I also added some Cycra Stealth DX hand guards from the dealer. They are very light and only for breaking the wind and brush but they seem to be a nice fit on the DS.

I would like to add the rear foot pegs (2012 models were homologated without rear pegs so they are an option) and a set of hard cases. I am looking at putting some Givi E21 side cases on to provide some rain tight storage for commuting and errand running. I always find myself carrying things on my motorcycles like this:

or this:

I just really dislike rolling the pickup when there is riding weather.

I don't think that the Zero DS is going to be as good of a bike of burden as some of my previous steeds were but I would like to get some bags to add some carrying capacity.

Lastly, I would like to get another charger so that I can take a few longer trips with charging stops. Dual chargers cut the charge time in half so the battery pack could be topped up in 3-4 hours depending how empty it was.

Wind_Rider screwed with this post 03-14-2013 at 09:37 PM
Wind_Rider is offline   Reply With Quote