View Single Post
Old 03-15-2013, 01:26 AM   #33
AteamNM OP
Wonna Be ADVrider

Oddometer: 3,610
Mike's Sky Ranch is now the next stop. The road is way better than the Magwhoops and deep sand.

Such trials form juiciness. I could see this form from a mile away and know it's a trials rider. This is Chuck making a classic turn on the road to Mikes.

Captain Magoo crossing a creek just before Mike's.

Awesome friends and Team Magoo.

Lets go inside and look for NMTrailBoss decals. He and Paul and El Sprokito Grande put decals in here 3 years ago.

Team sponsors decals applied. Now we will be receiving ubber sponsorship dollars.

Fastbecks for Chris Beck, Parts Unlimited for Ronny Huckabee, for my pal John Straderat at Revzilla. And my most favorite place to ride and live large in New Mexico, Sipapu Ski and Summer resort, courtesy of from Bruce "Chopo" ,

Love the decals, they are everywhere.

Captain Magoo wuz here.

Mandatory eh?

So I stepped outside and set down on the sidewalk. the place was deserted. It was cool outside at 4000 feet. The absence of people/riders was due to the US economy, malo as we were told. It was nice to be there with no one around but also sad. The Baja natives love motorcyclists.

As I sat there, looking at the surrounding mountains, I realized I'm deep in Baja. I am riding a bike with all my gear for 7 days. Were are less than half way done with our first day. I am apprehensive. I am not thinking about home or life in New Mexico. I am thinking about the awesome guys I'm with, I'm thinking the bucket list is ready for a scratch off. I feel gracious and also alive. The moment is real and spectacular. I am still a a wonna be adventure rider. However, I like this photo. I think what you see is how I feel?

So we are ready to leave. The single track techy trail awaits us and I am pleased with the thought. NMTrailBoss shared pictures with me of the cactus gardens down from Mikes. Oh I have not forgot about the lost soul rider. Imagine laying directional sticks in the trail to show those that are looking where you are? There is a difference between being lost and voted off the island right?

Stay tuned for the first "go down" , a lost trail, a lost rider, twisty scenic slab run down a mountain, buena vistas of beaches and we cross the peninsula and touch the mighty waters of the Pacific ocean. Lazaro Cardenas is the destination for today, over 120 miles to go.

AteamNM screwed with this post 03-16-2013 at 12:19 PM
AteamNM is offline   Reply With Quote