View Single Post
Old 03-15-2013, 01:04 AM   #1
Crazy Canadian OP
All who wander r not lost

Oddometer: 2,028
My meeting with a dbag in a blue Jag...

Two weeks ago on the quite residential road coming into my neighborhood, my Tiger and I had a run in with a jackass driving a Jag. Apparently a narrow busy two lane road with parking on both sides is the perfect place to crank your Jag up to 80 mph and come flying around the bend on the wrong side of the road... In a split second a quite day turned into being forced to swerve into a couple empty parking spaces to avoid the oncoming car and as I was not able to stop in time I plowed into the back end of a parked car...

Four days in the trauma ward, three surgeries (one to left shoulder, one to right foot and one to the right ankle) later and ten days recovering on the sofa watching crappy daytime TV later, I have made the decision to buy my Tiger back and rebuild her. Now I still have 6 months or so of P.T. to go before I can even think of going back to work, much less ride again. Anyhow the Tiger has no disastrous damage, just a long list of parts needed, that if bought new make her a total loss. After 18,000 miles together I am just too attached to her to let her possibly be parted out.

So here goes the biggest project of my life.

photo 100_2183.jpg

photo 100_2182.jpg

photo 100_2181.jpg

photo 100_2180.jpg

The only way to get through life is to laugh your way through it!

Day by day, nothing seems to change. But pretty soon, everything is different.
Crazy Canadian is offline   Reply With Quote