They will have a seperate class for the Dakar Challenge
here are the rules
A.S.O., organizer of the Dakar Rally, organizes a challenge called the ‘Dakar Challenge’
, within the framework of the xxxx Rally, taking place from … to … 2013; the rider (in the BIKE category) and the crew (in the CAR category) winning the Challenge, in accordance with the rules defined below, will be awarded a free participation
in the Dakar 2014
Riders and Crews are eligible to participate in the Dakar Challenge if none of the crew members has never taken part in the Dakar and/or been included within the 10 first overall of any round of the FIM Cross Country Rally World Championship (for the BIKE category) an (for the cars) part of the seeded drivers listed by the FIA or part of the ASO Elite list (for cars and bikes)
, and hold a driving licence covering them for the category they want to enter.
In order to participate, riders / crews will be required to:
- Register for the xxxx Rally
- Sign up in the ‘Dakar Challenge’ category.
Registration for the Challenge will close at the same time as registration for the Rally.
Signing up for the Dakar Challenge is free.
By signing up for the Dakar Challenge, the rider / crew declares having familiarized itself with the conditions for participating in the Dakar 2014, and in particular the budget aspects.
Signing up for the Dakar Challenge constitutes ‘pre-registration’ and therefore a ‘moral obligation’ to the Dakar 2014.
To be declared winner of the Dakar Challenge, the rider / crew will be required to:
- Appear on the Dakar Challenge enrolment list
- Complete the Rally
- Be the best Challenge participant appearing in the General ranking for the event.
- Come within the top 70% of the best bike riders / crews in the Rally General ranking.
The winning rider / crew will be awarded a free registration, valid only for the Dakar 2014.
This registration includes:
- Sports dues
- Return sea transport of the race vehicle between Europe and South America.
- Catering on the bivouacs
- Insurance (public liability and repatriation)
- Hire of the GPS, safety beacon, Sentinel, and Iritrack
- The transportation of one trunk and two wheels from bivouac to bivouac as well the technical support and advises from an ASO dedicated crew if the winning rider (bike category) register into the « Malle Moto » Challenge (Without assistance).
- The fuel and refuelling services during the Special Stages for the bike category.
Will still be under the responsability of the rider / crew:
The race vehicle, management of the assistance, rider / crew apparel and helmet, personal travelling expenses, logistics overhead costs (tent, sleeping bag, etc.), the cost of accommodation and subsistence other than in the bivouacs.
If the winning rider / crew is unable to participate in the Dakar 2014 for a medical or other serious reason (proof required), must warn the A.S.O. before 15th September 2013. An examination will be carried out by a sports doctor affiliated to an official sports organization designated by A.S.O.
In the event the winning rider / crew would be unable to participate in the Dakar Rally after such date, and for the reasons listed here above, then, the second ranked crew classified to the challenge would be eligible, and so on.
In the event the navigator of the winning crew (in the CAR category) is unable to participate in the Dakar 2014, the pilot would be authorized to register with another navigator as long as he complies with the rules defined in Point 2.