View Single Post
Old 03-15-2013, 12:04 PM   #1954
too old
Keen supporter

Oddometer: 2,389
Quote:
Originally Posted by doyle View Post
I hope so and I see he was cleared to get back on the bike not too long ago, I am just not sure if that translates into clear to race a multi-day rally for HRC.
He has been back on the bike about 10 days or so now, but putting the miles in to catch up for lost time - riding every other day off road for several hours will see him race ready

No marathons, just a triathlon and plenty of running, gym and cycling for fitness - that side of it won't be an issue either, there won't be too many who can match him for that!

Both arms have healed well, just a bit of slight soreness in the bad one, but nothing to worry about, it's at full strength and no issue for racing.

As for determination, well, with the events of the last few months there isn't anyone in rally who will match him for that, he will just need to keep his concentration and focus as much as anything else.

3 weeks to go now and I believe the rider list will be published the evening of the 24th, so all eyes will be on whether a certain CDP is riding and for whom.
I'm not sure if he has ever been to Abu Dhabi, it's always been Coma's domain, in fact I believe they rarely went head to head outside the Dakar, last years Morocco perhaps being one of the rare exceptions?
too old is offline   Reply With Quote