Thread: Nascar 2013
View Single Post
Old 03-15-2013, 03:06 PM   #156
Motorcyclist
Drag a Bag!

Oddometer: 3,334
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick West View Post
I think that she will be in a single car team next year. With all the interest in a women driver she should be able to get sponsership dollars no matter how bad she bombs this year. Those sponsorship dollars could possibly mean a ride in a "start and park" team if nothing else in 2014.

I'm sure that Bristol is not a track where she can stop her downward slide. Nice thing about Bristol though is that no matter how many laps she is down, she will still be in view of most of the tv camera angles. That is important to NASCAR.
I don't think there is a chance in hell that she'll be let go from Stewart-Haas in the near future. She brings big money sponsors and publicity, and that pays the bills. As long as she is bringing money to the table, she'll have rides with top level teams.

Look at Dale Jr. He's been in Hendrick cars for how many years, with maybe a win or two to show for it? But he has a huge fan base, and attracts big sponsors, so all is good as long as the money is flowing.

I agree that Bristol will probably not be a race that she will look back on with fondness.
Motorcyclist is offline   Reply With Quote