View Single Post
Old 03-16-2013, 12:22 PM   #549
E-Ticket2
E-Ticket

Oddometer: 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmmitch View Post
Ned,
Thanks for the thoughts about Wes,it would have great for all of us to have spent the week catching up,but we returned to the UK after his accident,as we could not give 100% concentration to the rally,and we did not want to have any more accidents.
I have just returned home from his house,and speaking to Deb,his partner,she has been overwhelmed by the messages of support from the ADV community,these are people she has never met,but we all share a common bond of bikes and adventure.I am very grateful,on her behalf,for these words in our time of grief.
His body was returned to the UK from Tunisia last night,and we met him at the local funeral directors late yesterday,his final CP,and all that remains now is to pack his kit away for him.
This has been a very sad few months for our group here in the UK,as we do not participate in rallies with the intention of causing danger to ourselves,and hurt to others.But we know it is always there in the background,but the attraction of what we do,and the scenery and friends we meet during our travels within the community,seem to outweigh any negative thoughts about our sport.
We hope to meet you all again,under less sombre circumstances,and look forward to adventures with friends.
Tomorrow I will ride in our local club trial,and my youngest son,Adam,will ride Wes's old Beta.We will remember his passing a week ago,with his friends who he grew up with.It is in times like these that we revert to the things that started us down the path to where we are now,just biking with friends in our local area,having fun.

regards to all

John
Very well said, Jonh.

It speaks volumes about a person by the company they keep.
Please raise a glass and toast to Wesley's honor for all those that can't be there.

Cheers, E-Ticket

Mine: '12 KTM 350 EXC-F; '99 Honda VFR 800i Interceptor
Wife: '08 KTM 250 XCF-W; '04 Honda CBR600 F4i
E-Ticket2 is offline   Reply With Quote