View Single Post
Old 03-16-2013, 04:35 PM   #1
EOD3MC OP
What will break next

Oddometer: 4,503
Can an east coast rider survive RawHyde's Next Step ??

About 8 months ago I thought I had the system gamed…. Shawn and Lance from RawHyde Adventures were hosting an Adventure Night at the Ruddy Duck Restraunt/Brewery in Solomans Maryland.
I had met the guys back in March of 2012 when they gave a RawHyde presentation at Bob’s BMW and attended one of the Adventure Riding Clinics they presented. Interesting duo to say the least
Anyhow it seemed like a fun night out and the Mrs. (Philygal) was up for the ride and wanted to go as well. I had also heard that in an effort to promote the event, they said they would be giving away a free class to RawHyde Adventures to whomever traveled the furthest to their gathering …
As luck would have it, my job had me on travel in Virginia Beach till day of the event. I figured this was great. I could ride up from Virginia Beach, pick up Philygal and continue on to Southern Maryland, at just over 200 miles, I figured I would be a shoe-in. Who would ride farther than that for a couple hours at a local micro brewery?
I arrived at the event after a beautiful day riding to find out some nut case had ridden all the way from Chicago….WTF…dammit

Oh well, it had been a great day riding, we got dinner out away from the kids and met up with a few of our friends.

The RawHyde group had a few door prizes to give out at the event, maybe I would get lucky and win a T-shirt or something…
It appears that my luck held out…but it wasn’t a T-shirt I won, it was their “grand prize”
They were giving away a second RawHyde Class.

Now, as much as I find RawHyde Adventures interesting…It was not something I would have taken on my own.
Between the cost of getting there, riding a bike cross country and back or renting one and the class itself…going there didn’t fit my budget. But winning a paid class….that put it in reach.

Even the wife was happy I won….
EOD3MC is offline   Reply With Quote