View Single Post
Old 03-16-2013, 07:28 PM   #3
EOD3MC OP
What will break next

Oddometer: 4,658
Shawn said he would be emailing me the details in a day or two.....

I felt like a damn kid at christmas...I wouldn't believe I had actually won the class till I saw it in writing...the waiting was killing me....

When I finally got his email and the email from Barbara at RawHyde with the application information...I was like.."Holy Crap, I'm actually going"

I had looked at the RawHyde website and saw they were giving two levels of classes...Intro to Adventure and The Next Step.

I've been riding bikes since I was a kid and have owned quite a few over the years and have really gotten into Adventure Riding in the last few years. With a group of friends, we have done quite a few multiday dual sport rides through the Shenandoah Valley. Some trips went better then others...

In an effort to be a better rider, when there was a Shane Watts DirtWise class in the area I signed up for that... (March 2011)

Great two day class held at the local ATV park...Shane does a great job building on basics and your confidence. At the time, I and the group I rode with were mostly forest road and trail riders...We really didn't care how fast we got there, just that we got there. DirtWise provided at lot of great information for any offroad rider, but it still had a racing feel to it.

Quite a few of the skills learned in that class have really helped both on the road and off...

Reading the details of the Intro to Adventure class, I kinda felt like I had already done a lot of what they planned to discuss.

The group I ride with is a great bunch. Always helpful, patient and yet ready to challenge you. Together we have all become better riders...

We have done quite a few long distance trip together...

West Virginia

Virginia

We even headed out west to ride the Continental Divide
(Due to fuel filters issues with the KTM...I only made the first day of the Divide part )

Lately, I've been riding a lot more single track trails as well. mostly with the DRZ picked up earlier this year, but also with the KLR...

So looking at the descriptions of RawHyde's classes...I began to wonder if I might be able to take "The Next Step" class instead of the intro class...

Barbara said not a problem...after she explained to me it was not a beginner class and that if you don't have the fundamentals down...it could be a brutal course

So I went for it...

Fly out next Friday (22nd) for class....

EOD3MC is offline   Reply With Quote