View Single Post
Old 03-16-2013, 08:28 PM   #67
F800 Rob OP
MotoInsight

Oddometer: 1,047
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmychajluk View Post
Yep, it helps. Just trying to figure out the bottom line on these. So the cost of the top cases on the site are for the case itself, and we would still have to factor in the cost of the mount (that attaches to the box), locks, a bike-specific rack, and whatever other accessories (inner bag, etc..) we'd like for a complete set up.
I've gone ahead and setup a top case kit. The price for everything - mount, locks, topcase, etc. is just north of $400, all in. Some bikes are a bit more more because the mount is a bit complicated. The kit is on the top case page here:

http://advdepot.com/globescout.html?cat=1227

and all of the mounts (pictures, pricing, etc.) are now online too here:

http://advdepot.com/globescout.html?cat=1226

Quote:
Originally Posted by joon1911 View Post
Hi Rob,

The panniers look great. I just signed up for the newsletter as I'm in the market for a set of panniers so it's serendipitous that I ran across this post.

One question though... On your website you list the Globescout Worldclass Pannier kit for the GS as including a frame for mounting. Is this frame one of your own manufacture or is it the SW-Motech or HB frame that is listed in the motorcycle specific section?

Thanks. Hopefully I will still get the $100 off coupon.

Regards,
It all depends on the motorcycle. The majority are setup to specifically use the HB frame. We had the option of using the HB frame. We've sold many (many, many...) of both over the last few years and the HB frames tend to be closer in toward the motorcycle and more resilient the the SW setup. It's a little more difficult for us to pre-drill for, but totally worth it.

Going forward, the plan is to manufacturer a Globescout frame. The R1200GS is first due to overall sales volume. We'll have a frame for the 05-12 R1200GS this summer, and planning for a 2013 R1200GS frame has already started (no ETA). The Globescout frames will allow a notched pannier when the boxes need to be closer to the center of the motorcycle.

You haven't missed the $100 off coupon. It's going to be sent (most likely) toward the end of the week when the pannier pallets get on the boat steaming toward the USA.