View Single Post
Old 03-17-2013, 08:07 AM   #65
Krime OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 251
Day 7

Day 7: St. Margen, Germany to Saarbrucken, Germany

After a great stay at the family run Gasthaus Zum Kreuz in the German country side, we head out for a ride through the Black Forest.

A view of the rolling hills along the road.

Stopping in the dense forest, passing hundreds of cyclists along the way.

Arriving in Wolfach, Germany.

Wolfach, Germany - I'd run out of room on my video card at the wrong time and on the wrong day! It was Sunday, and there wasn't a store open.

Riders passing through this small beautiful town.

One of a few original Beetles seen in the German countryside.

The start of the best road we'd ride in the Black Forest, heading towards Ruhestein. It got pretty congested with a few slower cars and riders passing through at an aggressive pace.

Finishing up the great run.

Making a big bike look small.

Stopping by another rider off the main road...

…to take in the view.

Arriving in Baden-Baden.

Warm winter socks weren't needed in this weather.

An upscale town - busy with locals and tourists.

Another good German lunch.

More views of Baden-Baden.

We were originally hoping to visit the Mosel region, but time wasn't on our side so we'd have to skip it this time around. From here we'd head diagonally North West across the tip of France and then settle down in Saarbrucken Germany for the night… More of a commercial area, it definitely wasn't the most appealing place to stay in Germany - especially on this kind of trip. Lots of suits traveling on business at our hotel for the night… we definitely looked out of place. With that said, we did manage to find a nice patio to enjoy in the city centre later that night. Tomorrow we'd be heading Through Luxembourg on our way to Belgium.

Day 7 riding video:
A trip through the Black Forest. Unfortunately the majority of the video footage is only from the first hour and a half into the day… my memory card was at capacity soon after the ride began! In other words - this video doesn't do the Black Forest justice!

Krime screwed with this post 06-07-2014 at 11:35 AM
Krime is offline   Reply With Quote