View Single Post
Old 03-17-2013, 06:55 PM   #7
johngil
Reseda, CA

Oddometer: 3,791
Quote:
Originally Posted by BerndM View Post
Hey Mike

I am a good friend of the owner of that KTM 640 you and Jon recovered and I just got off the phone with him after he described all your MOST APPRECIATED and completely unexpected efforts to get the bike back to him.
He couldn't hardly find the words to describe how pleased he was with you guys and anyone else who may have had a hand in the recovery.
Tom, the owner, and Dale, the guy who was riding the KTM and I were going to attempt the recovery on Tuesday.
Tom never imagined that anyone would have stumbled across that bike so far down the slope. He thought it was not visible from the road at all. Obviously that was NOT correct.
I am going over to Tom's tomorrow morning (Monday) and shoot a bunch of pics and video of the poor KTM for the scrapbook and to send to the very lucky and sad but mostly undamaged rider.
All he got out of it was a broken left hand, maybe a chipped/cracked left elbow and a wrenched lower back. Pretty damn good considering a drop of about 80(?) or so feet.
Again, Tom extends his most grateful appreciation to you and all others who played any part in this adventure!
I thank you as well.

Regards
Bernd
Sweet! Nice work fellas.
johngil is offline   Reply With Quote