View Single Post
Old 03-17-2013, 10:47 PM   #36
jmklint
Adventurer

Oddometer: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangecicle View Post
The Shorai just won't start my 950 in the cold. Period. For a long time, it would work on the third try, but that became harder and harder over time. Now the battery won't take a charge, so it's done. I was planning on charging the Shorai and carrying it in luggage as a backup because they are supposed to hold a charge forever. But now, it's headed for the landfill. I'm going to try the Interstate battery for a change, and I don't think I'll go down this path again until the technology is better.
I had the same problems with the shorai in cold weather. if it dropped below freezing and it hadnt been ran in a week it would not always start my bike. I returned it and switched to Anit-Gravity lithium batteries which are incredible but expensive. I justified the cost because my shorai left me stranded in Taylor Park one night when the temps fell to 25 degrees. I had to wait till afternoon when the temps were back in the 60's. I lost half a day but could have been totally stranded if it never started.
jmklint is offline   Reply With Quote