Thread: The Tunnel
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2013, 10:59 PM   #1
jjdun7 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 411
The Tunnel

So about a week ago I heard about a mystery tunnel. So last night curiosity got the better of me and after some time on the computer I came up with some coordinates. Sitting around the house board I decided to go in search of.I headed on out Scappoose and then up the highway to Vernonia. So getting close, or so I thought I parked and started hiking. After about 15 min. my GPS said turn right. Turn right there's a canyon on my right . oh well they do call this an adventure,,, right,,,right? so I headed down what looked like a deer trail.....................

and after slipping and sliding on my butt, more than once, I came to this............

Well,,,,,, the GPS says in the middle of that. So much for GPS coordinates. While I am standing there looking into this abyss, it looks like there's been other people down here. So I followed what looked like, a trail,, kind. After traipsing through the bushes, getting stuck with thorns and slapped in the face with branches. I look up................................................ .................

Eureka is that it well it got sloppier and the brush got thicker. But I finally got to this..................................

So it really does exist. That little dot in the middle of the picture is the other end of the tunnel.

well unfortunately I forgot to grab my good light and all I brought was a little tactical light. So I decided it was time to head back out. I'll have to come back another time with better light.

So after climbing and crawling, slipping and sliding. I made it back up to the fire road. I looked back down into the canyon of trees and wet underbrush. and I decided !! YES !! this was an adventure .................but it's not over..................... I still need to come back with a better light and walk all the way through to the other end of the tunnel.
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=871546
http://jjdun7.smugmug.com/

"Get out and explore"

jjdun7 screwed with this post 06-05-2013 at 02:42 PM
jjdun7 is offline   Reply With Quote