View Single Post
Old 03-18-2013, 07:00 AM   #146
porkandcorn OP
FortesFortunaAdiuvat

Oddometer: 296
santa cruz, bolivia - about to leave

i think this is my first post in the morning, before leaving a place. it's been an interesting few days here in santa cruz.

1. i am famous here. i met a random person and they said they saw me on the news. there was apparently a story about me, telling about my journey and using photos from my blog. i'm doing everything i can to get the video to post here.

2. i fell in love... with a kitten that lives at the hotel and looks almost exactly like my cat in portland named "mike rice." she visits my door, and because she's in heat, my door area smells like piss.

hotel kitten, los tojibos hotel, santa cruz, bolivia by porkandcorn, on Flickr

3. i got a flat tire from a tree thorn, so the fantastic people at campo motors triumph of bolivia came to the rescue again. we also rechecked the bikes computer a couple of days after the work, and all systems check out ok. i'll post more later about the complexities of maintaining a motorcycle in condition of extreme elevation changes and bad gasoline.

gomeria, santa cruz, bolivia by porkandcorn, on Flickr

4. i met a heavy metal band from santa cruz that knows how to play iron maiden, deep purple, and ozzy osbourne. they rocked very hard on st. paddy's day.

heavy metal boliviano, bar irlandese, santa cruz, bolivia by porkandcorn, on Flickr

5. i got sick again and had another fever of about 102 degrees, but broke the fever and am feeling almost normal again. watch out for microbes - they will get you every time.

6. i finally got my package from portland with the stepper motor that i *thought* i would need, but ended up not needing. but the part and the shipment with taxes cost about 400.00 USD, so i had to wait for the package on principle alone. plus, there was a set of rear brake pads in there, and i'm heavy on the rear brake.

fedex santa cruz, bolivia by porkandcorn, on Flickr

so now i'm off to cochibamba, bolivia, and then tomorrow to la paz, where i will barely be able to breathe or sleep. then to lake titicaca, and into peru (country #6) on wednesday or thursday.

more later. hasta luego amigos.

santa cruz to cochabambo by porkandcorn, on Flickr
porkandcorn is offline   Reply With Quote