View Single Post
Old 03-18-2013, 08:16 AM   #17
mike54
You don't get me

Oddometer: 12,896
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Gone View Post
I boxed for three years in college. Getting hit in the head doesn't hurt. Getting hit in the body will stay with your for a week or so.

I agree, MMA is a ridiculously tough sport. You gotta be tough to fight like that.

Maybe I'm asking for the moon... exciting fights every time. I just think if GSP took a chance, he'd end his fights quickly and in spectacular fashion. That's what I want to see. I want to see every fighter go into the cage and fight like it's life or death instead of playing it safe, and I think (but, obviously, don't know) that GSP is playing it safe in his fights.
I remember seeing stars when I was 12, even with the head gear and huge gloves.

I know what you mean. I think GSP fights to win. I've seen a lot of fights where one fighter seems to be ahead and comes charging in only to be knocked out by a 'lucky' shot. I didn't see this fight so I don't know how it went except by the highlights and reports. I really expected GSP to take Diaz to the ground and submit him because he's so good at that. I really didn't expect it to go 5 rounds. Maybe GSP decided the fans don't get their money's worh with early submissions?

Do stand up guys lie?
mike54 is offline   Reply With Quote