View Single Post
Old 03-18-2013, 11:35 AM   #1670
Canada280i
Adventurer

Oddometer: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting32 View Post
Most likely, "someone" placed the left grip on the right grip side, they have different inside diameter on grips for motorcycles. I have done this on purpose ONE time, when I didnt have a right side grip, but needed to go right now.

I am very sensitive on thickness of grips, I cannot run the thick ones, my arms pump too fast, I get charlie horses. when you have the grips on correctly, they should be same sizes, I can't for the life of me guess what else it can be, the throttle tubes should all be the same, I guess you can't tell or prove it without a donor or a spare tube to test the theory.

I personally haven't used the Renthals grips, my dad likes them, got to have the ones with little to none of the "thumb flange" or whatever it is called... I got these new, fat, super soft "pro-grips," that I cannot get to stop twisting on the left grip, the glue on throttle grip stuck nicely, but the left grip, even with triple safety-wiring, it still rotates on the bars... I'm more than half pissed we cannot get Hebo grips anymore? Least my supplier tells me so.
My guess would be that they are Renthal ATV grips which are the same size for both sides (both non-throttle size) because ATV's use a thumb throttle
Canada280i is offline   Reply With Quote