View Single Post
Old 03-19-2013, 01:23 PM   #66
benwiggin2
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,095
Quote:
Originally Posted by AteamNM View Post
So we enter and there is a couple checking in. They chat and chat, it takes a long time. In the meantime The tour bus group comes rolling in after a long day of whale watching. There is a little lady I assume is the leader of the rowdy and hearty gringo touristas. She then announces to Chris, Bruce and I that she just need to grab her keys to her room. Before we could really say anything she jumps in and proceeds to manage a 21 gun, I mean 21 key salute. This charade goes on for about 10 minutes as the native whale watcher crowd turns up the obnoxious volume. Hey Ted and Irene, you want two doubles or a single queen? Freddie, I got you a king, blah blah blah. We stand quietly and watch the Baja Walmartians pin ball their way out the door. There were a few that required some BelRay axle grease on their ass to get them through the narrow door. The creepy feel of rude American tourists tingles in the lobby air.

This place is nice and the waiter is on the ball. However, I hear, I smell, I sense and feel the presence of the rude American's. They have occupied Malarrimo's. We did have a bit of conversation with the whale watchers, but it was not entirely jovial. I felt ashamed and embarrassed to be a citizen of the USA or associated with these, people. In Mexico or elsewhere outside the USA, I try to show respect, try to speak the language, embrace the culture and the people. Truly the people of Baja is the icing on the cake when riding here. I think our waiter understood how we felt. But aside from the whale watchers being watched by whales encounters, it was just a fantastic day and the Oboma head road was brutal but part and parcel of Baja.

Now lets see if I can throw together a clip of beach nirvana and maybe a quarter mile high speed beach wheelie.
Nicely wriiten with great descriptions! Loving it! Thank you!!!!!
benwiggin2 is offline   Reply With Quote