Thread: 640 Refresh
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2013, 01:58 PM   #1
juames OP
Have Fun, Don't Die!

Oddometer: 2,360
640 Refresh

In December I decided that this winter I would give my 640 Adventure some attention. I've owned it for a full season now, and put about 10,000kms on...doing virtually nothing to it except change the oil twice. It has been a blast to ride and never let me down, except during last years Roaming Rally when I took it swimming. Even then after I removed the water from all the places it's not suppose to be, she fired right up as if nothing had happened! I don't have any major work planned...mostly cosmetic (new paint) and preventative maintenance. Basically check all the wheel, suspension, and steering bears. Water pump rebuild, check cam roller bearings, clean carb, replace a few broken bits, etc. Basically give it a good once over that I really didn't do when I bought.

So here is how she looked before the snow started to fall in December. Not too bad really...a few battle scars.

About 45 minutes later, this is how she looked naked. Can't believe how much lighter without the plastic.

And this is how it sat in the garage all winter, until we started to have some signs that spring might actually come. So much for my plan to slowly work away on it over the winter.