View Single Post
Old 03-19-2013, 10:35 PM   #87
IrishJohn
Adventurer

Oddometer: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Pescador View Post
While I'm not calling "BS" on this entire story, I can tell you it's completely different from my experience with the RE class.
BTW, why is it the dealership's responsibility to nanny the guy with $30k burning a hole in his pocket? They exist to sell motorcycles not determine who is worthy of a bike.

Just for those who think its only HD dealerships that are "irresponsible" enough to sell someone a motorcycle that lacks enough skill, I watched the very same thing at the BMW dealership in FW. A girl who obviously didn't get the relationship between clutch and throttle dropped her "new to her" Bonneville about 5 feet out of the parking lot on the feeder road to 820. Anyone who is familiar with 820 and 121 in Fort Worth knows that interchange is challenging for seasoned riders due to the construction. For someone unfamiliar with a motorcycle, I would rate it between reckless and suicidal.

My first instinct was to think "what a D-bag that salesman is for selling that bike to that girl". I came to realize though, that she may have told him any number of lies about her proficiency. Or, she told him nothing. Or, she told him she had no idea how to ride a motorcycle. The fact is, I knew nothing about the transaction other than the outcome and I probably shouldn't speculate with little to no information.

Off my soapbox.
While I'm not calling "BS" on this entire story, I can tell you it's completely different from my experience with the RE class.

Very gracious of you not to pronounce judgement on my 'entire' post - I guess that you are saying I am only an occasional liar.

If you want to debate with me do not start off with an insinuation that I am telling lies. It would also be helpful if you actually paid attention to what I write, you assume I made points that I did not.

IrishJohn screwed with this post 03-19-2013 at 10:48 PM
IrishJohn is offline   Reply With Quote