View Single Post
Old 03-20-2013, 04:44 AM   #3166
Oz Nutter OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,173
Thumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiz.au View Post
Yeah, I often describe it as a "Manga" styled bike. I moved from a K100RS to the K1 because the slightly changed ergonomics fitted me better (short an' fat). I also like the unusual look of it. And now it's a collectable classic, and appreciating. In 21 months mine will be 25yo with >120,000 km on it. So probably not a "prime" collectable, but still....
Fun for you, that's what matters eh!!
Mine's got scratches from my riding,rebuilt steering damper,rebuilt starter,head stem bearings and suspension improvements next, its not for everyone, and its not as hot to ride as you think,need to find right hand glovebox cover/lid ( blew off at silly speeds between Wee Waa and Narabri) be due for vintage rego soon, cheaper $$, 166k on my odo,

Do you know if 6 speed box from K1100 will fit??
Or may have model wrong, but one of the later K models had a six speed i'm sure.

Only seen 1 at wreckers ever, just bought K bike ABS diagnostic equipment on fleabay, although i've had no trouble with mine, having the right tech tools will help with early ABS systems as bike ages..
Been getting heaps of comments from non riders (mostly chicks), re: Nice bike, so "old school" etc makes up for the fat slug comments.....
If i had $$ i'd turbo/mod driveline and go racing on the salt......

Oz Nutter screwed with this post 03-21-2013 at 07:10 AM
Oz Nutter is offline   Reply With Quote