View Single Post
Old 03-20-2013, 10:49 AM   #1992
Deadly99
Fast and Far

Oddometer: 8,643
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadly99 View Post
The ASO routedescription quotes longer specials and shorter liaisons. It also quotes multiple marathon stages for the bikes.

Mechanics and looking after the bike should be of importance as a result of multiple marathon stages

Altitude (my guess) is going to be a bigger factor than ever looking at the map. Surely the high altitude salt flats in Bolivia will be showcased.

ASO makes mention of a Bolivian stage being run in a different format, opening possibilities For the future. Hmmm......any guesses? A non timed day maybe, but with mandatory waypoints and a max time allowed (just my guess).

I am surprised to see Peru not included, those opening stages last year looked great. I suppose with the new Inca rally there in Sept...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ric678 View Post
ASO makes mention of a Bolivian stage being run in a different format, opening possibilities For the future. Hmmm......any guesses? A non timed day maybe, but with mandatory waypoints and a max time allowed (just my guess).

Maybe we will get the mass start I can see it now...100 bikes lined up in a bar banging MX style rush to get the holeshot

TCAT (Trans Canada Adventure Trail)

Gravel Travel Canada - Canada's Source for Overland Travel
Deadly99 is online now   Reply With Quote