View Single Post
Old 03-20-2013, 04:48 PM   #34
Jdeks OP
Departed

Oddometer: 932
Quote:
Originally Posted by groverjones View Post
Great report - looks like an awesome trip.
I had a go on an F800GS a few weeks ago - Maffra down to Bellbird and back via McKillops Bridge with a friend who needed to get the hang of gravel riding. Lovely bike, probably much more suited to my needs than the 990, but it doesn't have the 'stupid grin factor!' http://d26ya5yqg8yyvs.cloudfront.net/icon10.gif
Hope the injuries are healing up - is the arm temporarily out of action or is it more serious?

Stuart

Hey stu!

Yeah the 800 is good. I think it just needs a little tweaking, especially the suspension. Talking to a few other owners, its apparently something of an issue, same as with the soft front on the 9*0's. Does the crazy fuel economy make up for lack of grins though? Probably not.

They screwed my hand back together OK, and the foot has healed up too. But the shoulder is looking fairly serious sadly. AC joint surgery successful, but having major nerve issues, being that they don't work. Got zero shoulder function in dominant arm. Lotsa muscle wasting. Comminuted scapula giving me issues too. May be back under the knife again soon, who knows.

Throw me a PM if you want the gruesome details

Jdeks screwed with this post 03-20-2013 at 04:53 PM
Jdeks is offline   Reply With Quote