View Single Post
Old 03-20-2013, 06:54 PM   #374
ONandOFF
-ROAD-

Oddometer: 5,303
Looks like you had a good time including mud, side trips with bridges out, and cold.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RexBuck View Post
Thinkin this may turn my fast 400 km day into a not so fast 400 km day. After about 20 km of this, turns into nice pavement. Smokin!
Smokin' is right! That is one magnanamous valley.
Quote:
Notice a kid quietly looking over every detail of the bike. Ask him if he wants to sit on it . . . didn't have to ask him to smile
Very cool! I bet he's still talking about that.
Quote:
have to let cars and trucks get all the way through the mud bogs or Iíll run into them as they are going so slow.
That exercise of wisdom demonstrates experience.
Quote:
everytime I figured I got to a new high, the road would turn and go higher.
Damn, almost 16k feet! I'm trying to reconstruct your route in Google Maps. Does THIS look about right for that spot?
Quote:
Often have dogs run out into the road to bark at me and chase me away. ... this one border collie type ... goes for my front tire. Iím doing about 50 kph and wham I feel him hit my crash bar followed by a yelp. Look in my mirror and heís rolling down the road ass over tea kettle. Stop and by the time I get off my bike, heís run back to his house. Iíll bet heíll have a headache for a couple of days. Pushed my right side spot light down a bit but no other evidence. Felt crappy about that Ė hope he was ok.
Don't feel bad about that, man; serves it right. I love dogs and have three but they should behave properly. Maybe now it won't crash the next guy who isn't as adept as you.
Quote:
That was quite a day, I'm good now.
And that was quite a story. Thank you for making it so interesting for us!
Let's ride!!! - No offense, but there've been a lot of people over time who were just as sure, yet got it wrong. - Una necedad, aunque la repitan millones de bocas, no deja de ser una necedad. - "you know that I could have me a million more friends and all I'd have to lose is my point of view" (Prine)
ONandOFF is offline   Reply With Quote