View Single Post
Old 03-20-2013, 07:05 PM   #15
Plaka
Brevis illi vita est

Oddometer: 4,556
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikepotter86 View Post
Thanks for all the advice! I will try a new approach when I next have use of a garage, or when the weather improves.
I use a small electric vacuum pump and a receiver for the fluid. Brake bleeding is incredibly fast zero hassle process. Any brake, any time, anywhere (that has power). This is what shops use, for a reason. I can do a full flush in about 5 minutes and most of that time is getting the pump off the shelf and hooked up. if the system is dry I put on the vacuum first then add the fluid. Gets pushed right through driving any air ahead of it.

I notice MityVac makes vacuum pumps. Vacuum pump and receiver, runs of an air compressor.
http://www.amazon.com/Mityvac-6830-B...ywords=mityvac

This will pull vastly more vacuum than you need but the pric is right and you can play some other games with it (I use a bigger one to preserve food as well as do HVAC work). The easy way to use it would be with a cheapo portable air tank. Evacuate the tank and then use the tank to bleed to a receiver---or you could just work right off the pump into a receiver.

www.amazon.com/Mityvac-6830-Brake-Bleeder/dp/B000JFN9WC/ref=sr_1_13?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1363830686&sr=1-13&keywords=mityvac

pumps are just getting so cheap there isn't a reason not to have one. it's a tool that makes you happy every time you use it.
Plaka is offline   Reply With Quote