View Single Post
Old 03-20-2013, 08:37 PM   #606
neduro
Addict

Oddometer: 11,853
Rallymaniacs pics have come in and they are awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nachtflug View Post
man you really got this rally bug don't you? congrats on your finish thats awesome. Is the 505 the $30K rally purpose built bike from KTM?
I can stop any time I want! Thanks, and no, the 505 is a leftover cross country race model that I put spare parts from Dakar onto to create a rallybike. The purpose built one is a 450RFR (Rally Factory Replica)- there were a few of those there, too. The 505 shares engine architecture but very little else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nachtflug View Post
What the heck do you do if you need a rest room out there!!
This last question is the easiest of all- you use the room with a view.

Funny story about that, at one point I was running with Martin Fontyn, we'd traded places a few times already. I passed him in some rocks, did about 20k up to a checkpoint, and he pulled in as I was pulling out. I couldn't hold it anymore, stopped at the next turn after examining my motives and deciding I was unwilling to piss my pants. Sure enough, he went by, I tracked him for the next 30k... and then it was my turn to pass him when he had to go. We had a good laugh at that in the evening.

When you get a chance, shoot over those pictures of my ex, would you?

Dual Sport Riding Techniques DVDs: Clear instructional DVDs to improve off-road skills.
neduro is offline   Reply With Quote