View Single Post
Old 03-20-2013, 07:53 PM   #7
The Walrus OP
Gone and back again.

Oddometer: 8,714
This was a 360 mile day on pavement. Fresh riders, fresh rubber, clean bikes and thumpin' good times. We kicked it at anywhere from 60-70 mph for a good stretch of road. After Lukeville, we stopped in Sonoyta for Premium gasolina priced at 11.70 pesos per liter.

Mike takes no chances and has a bright jacket, he also wears a vintage Bell helmet that reminds me of Meteor Man.

It was also the first time of the trip that some wayward Mexican wanted a photo with Senior Alto (myself).....no explanation from me, but you'll see this several times over the trip.......

Not much to photo until we finally stopped in Santa Anna and typical for the country, across the road is a nice looking garden vendor.

A quick walk reveals the town mission and patron saint.

Mass is in session......no new Pope yet...........

Dinner is served (Camarones were readily available throughout the trip) and it's an early night with some WiFi in the room.

When choosing between two evils, I always like to try the one I've never tried before. - Mae West
Experience is what keeps a man who makes the same mistake twice from admitting it the third time around.
The Walrus is offline   Reply With Quote