View Single Post
Old 03-20-2013, 07:54 PM   #2152
Dracula
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 299
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDowns View Post
.. When you're young and free or when you're old and have more time like me it makes sense to get on your bike and go. It's not easy, and most people will try to discourage you. Don't listen to them. It's a hoot.
Hi John,

I just love those words. Doing always what society expects one to do only yields the mediocre results we all know and expect. By large that may not be bad, but fulfilling isn't either. Fear is the only thing between thought and action.

I once had a cat in my apartment who we never let outside. Living on first floor with window open, at night he was attracted by the choir of vagabond cats in the street making all the cat noises right under my window. I could see him tense, his whole body shaking, and watching their every move from the comfort of the home, torn inside by the desire to join them, standing right on the edge of jumping outside. But he usually didn't do it. Except for one night when another cat jumped on the window ledge and they were right next to each other. The rest is history. I saw him weeks later rummaging through the trash cans in company of all other cats, dirty but so happy! He eventually returned to me to spend more years before finally being relocated in the country side in a more natural habitat.

Kindest regards,
Vic