View Single Post
Old 03-20-2013, 11:22 PM   #2627
jarthur
Old Desert Rat

Oddometer: 230
Steel Pass Ride Friday

For those planning to go, stop by my campsite to introduce your self and for a beer. Site #29. I will arrive Wednesday evening.

Plan to meet at my campsite (#29) at 8:30 Friday morning for a short meeting- so we can introduce ourselves and talk about the ride. I am going to do my best to roll at 9 AM, but am flexible.

The plan is to stop for a short break at Hot Springs and Teakettle. At Teakettle, we can decide whether to ride Hunter Mtn (if it is passable) or Lippencot. I have no knee jerk opposition to splitting up at Teakettle (one group Hunter and one Lippencot) provided there is a leader for whichever way I do not ride, and all riders are accounted for at Teakettle before we split up.

It probably is a good idea to make a quick stop at Saline Valley Rd and Lippencot Junction, top of Steel Pass, intersection after Eureka Dunes, Crankshaft Junction and the intersection near Ubehebe Crater. We can decide as we go, and will depend on how spread out we might get. If you know someone in the group well enough to ride together in a staggered formation on the roads, please speak up when we meet. That helps keep the group together while giving everyone "clean" air.

Looking forward to seeing everyone.

Cheers,

'06 Husky TE 610, '07 Triumph Tiger 1050, '93 ATK 605
jarthur is offline   Reply With Quote