View Single Post
Old 03-21-2013, 05:14 PM   #849
Jettn Jim
This is Liv'n!!!

Oddometer: 1,475
Thumb Outstanding Adventure Products....

Just found the thread and figured I should chime in here too... I've been using Ians Fairings for the last 62,000mi on my KLR.
First an XSTwin and then last Spring I switched over to some DRZ forks and a Lynx. Wanted to shed the weight of the fairings subframe and it's tendency to cracking, plus be able to point the headlight anywhere I turned the bars.
The wind protection and lighting (yes I ride at night) have been OUTSTANDING!!! The quality is second to none, and Ians service has been excellent at every turn.
Thanx for everything Ian and Cheers!

Mocking it up...

I carve and glue in pipe insulation to seal out any light that may escape and reflect back at me...

Had to make a spacer to lengthen the fairing, raising it off the fender due to the KLR head tube being longer than the DRZ's.
Though funny looking at first, this created a nice spot for the fender bag to tuck back under...

The girl all finished up with some HighwayDirtBikes bars, guards, and Vapor protector, DoubleTake Mirrors and of course The Lynx!

The best pics I could come up with (sorry) showing the rear of the fairing... it has a Montana, 12v outlet, Kissan volt/temp, heated grip controls etc.. really.

Jettn Jim screwed with this post 03-25-2013 at 04:21 PM
Jettn Jim is offline   Reply With Quote